Is it dyslexia?
There are many reasons a person may have problems learning how to read. One of the most common, but least understood, is dyslexia.
There is no reason to wonder or worry. Rainbow Readers is able to screen for dyslexia. We have two options available to suit your specific needs. If after our free initial consultation it is determined that there are significant symptoms of classic dyslexia present, you may choose to have us do a screening.
1) Summertime Group Screening Sessions (Zoom online at the present time)
Every summer we offer a group screening for dyslexia. We charge $75 and that includes the screening, postage, and a private phone consultation later to go over the results. (If you register your child for our Rainbow Readers Small Group Class, the screening is FREE!) We will be screening children ages 8 and up on Saturdays Saturdays starting in June. Please contact Carol at 480-999-4449 or email@example.com to register. For more info…
Here’s what the mother of one of our students just wrote.
2) Screening Using a Record Review (with conference)
Most of the signs of dyslexia are evident by analyzing characteristics of the student’s written work, spelling errors, and previous test scores. We will give you a list of items for you to send to us for analysis. After we do a careful examination of your materials, we will meet with you and your spouse to go over our results and give you some recommendations for possible strategies and accommodation you can make to help your student succeed. You may record our meeting for future reference.
2) In-depth Screening / Assessment (with conference and written report)
After a complete review of the student’s work, records and testing, Carol administers a battery of professional assessment pieces included a major norm-referenced one geared for assessing phonological processing, (one of a dyslexics main areas weakness). Then she writes a complete 12-page written document outlining her findings, suggestions, and strategies for the future. HOWEVER, it is NOT a legal document to use in court, or to prove your child qualifies for special considerations at public school. If you are seeking professional advice for legal purposes, we recommend you hire a neuropsychologist or certified dyslexia testing specialist.
Reasons to have an in-depth assessment done:
- You won’t need to wonder any longer, or struggle with confusion or guilt.
- You will receive a thorough verbal or written report so you will know what actions to take in the future to help your child improve his or her reading abilities.
- Our costs are more affordable than a neuropsychologist or certified dyslexia tester. (See Prices for more information.)
Reasons to see a neuropsychologist or certified dyslexia tester:
- You need a legal document for court, public education institutions, or work-related situations.