Is your child struggling with reading? Could it be dyslexia? Are you worried about his or her future? Let us help you!
Starting September of 2019, Rainbow Readers is offering a small group class for struggling readers ages 8-up.
UPDATE August 2019:
Carol and Jen just finished 3 days of intensive training in using the Wilson Reading System to its fullest advantage. We are even more excited than before! This will be a complete Language Arts program with Rainbow Readers teaching the Wilson program on Tuesdays and Thursdays, while parents will be following up with simple tasks to reinforce what was taught. This will replace any reading, writing, handwriting, spelling, grammar, and fluency curriculum for the time students are enrolled in our class. If they participate for the whole time, it will be a two-year program. Imagine! Two great years of watching your child succeed with reading. For most struggling readers, that is not just a dream, it is very possible.
Reasons to consider enrolling your child (age 8 and up) in our class:
1. All classes are based on highly effective Orton-Gillingham methods, (Wilson Reading System):
• Multi-sensory, simultaneous
• Logical, systematic
• Paced for your child’s “Success Zone”
• Hands-on, experiential
2. Our instructors are highly experienced in working with dyslexic people (more than 35 years combined experience).
3. Small groups, with a minimum of 6 students, but no more
4. Priced less than half the cost of our one-on-one tutoring sessions.
5. Everyone learns better while enjoying themselves, so we work hard to make the class fun–even for kids who “hate”to read.
1. Teachers — Carol S. Fitzpatrick, Reading Instructor and Dyslexia Specialist, founder of Rainbow Readers, author of Crushing Dyslexia; and Jen Young, credentialed teacher and experienced Barton tutor,
2. Location —The classrooms at Revive Christian Fellowship, 3016 N. Dobson, Rd., Suite 19, Chandler, AZ 85224
3. Time — 10:30 am -12:00 pm
4. Days — Tuesdays and Thursdays from September 10th – December 19th, 2019
5. Price — $220 per month + one-time materials fee of $50 (all other materials included) due before the first session of the month.
- All prospective students must be assessed by Carol Fitzpatrick before being accepted into the program. Testing will occur in August by appointment. Call us for dates and locations at 480-999-4449
- Cost of the assessment is $50 which includes the testing, evaluation and personal oral report to each family, If the family decides to enroll their child in our class, the $50 materials fee will be waived.
- Families who participate are asked to make a commitment to have their student(s) present for every session from September to December. We are keeping the class size low in order to provide your child with the best experience possible.
- Other children may be present as long as they are not a distraction to the students in our class. We are reserving an adjoining room in which families may work while waiting, but a parent must be supervising in that room as well.
Contact us about possible times to participate in a group screening session at 480-999-4449.